Liebster Award Nomination
Thank you, Devika Fernando, for nominating my website for the Liebster Blog Award! This looks like fun, and I love it when authors / bloggers support each other.
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Pick 5 – 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate and ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger that nominated you.
- Go to each new blogger’s site and inform them of their nomination.To learn more about the Liebster Award, check out this post by Lorraine Reguly.
11 random facts about myself
- In college, I would often sketch cartoony characters when the professors were teaching. Also play tic-tac-toe. Yeah, some lectures were really boring 😉
- I used to make cross stitch patterns and get them framed.
- I’m still learning to drive. I’ve got a lot better than I was! 😉
- I analyse everything.
- Also worry over most things.
- I like restaurant food better.
- I don’t like rash driving or loud music.
- I like to spend quiet time reading or watching a romcom.
- I sometimes have fun in writing by making my characters do funny things.
- I lose track of time while writing.
- I would love to write a murder mystery.
Questions asked by Devika
1. Name three secrets that you never told anyone.
Can’t think of even one, let alone three. I mean I may not share everything with everyone, but do share different things with different people who are close to me.
2. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
Buy a luxury villa, and buy all the books of my favourite authors and author friends. Also tour the world.
3. Looking over the last ten years, what is one goal you have achieved and one that you have not achieved?
I’ve got published and got promoted at work, so that’s on the achieved list. I’m still to reach the target of earning big through writing.
4. What are your plans for retirement? And will you travel, if so where and why?
I would like to retire in a hilly place with lots of greenery and a quiet sort of life. Travel…well, anywhere where I’ve not been before would do. Well, obviously somewhere scenic.
5. Favorite drink on a Friday night?
I guess what I drink every night. Milk. No alcohol for me. And sometimes I don’t have an off on Saturday, so no tea/coffee as it keeps me awake.
6. What do you think the secret is to a good marriage or relationship with a significant other is?
Don’t have a different set of rules for them than yourself. If you overlook your own mistakes, cut them some slack too. And above all, encourage your partner in what they want to do.
7. Name three words that describe your personality.
Procrastinating, confused, forgetful…oh I have many more adjectives like those.
8. Home-cooked meal or take-out?
I like to cook for my family but at weekends one does like to take a break.
9. When was the last time you blogged and what was the topic?
Yesterday. It’s a #sexysnippet from my wip https://summeritarhayne.wordpress.com/2014/05/18/sexysnippet-from-tahir-and-samaras-story/
10. What do you think the key is to happiness?
Happiness occurs in random slices. The key to happiness is getting what you are aiming for at that moment. It doesn’t always happen, so the second option is try to grin and bear it as much as you can and put in your energy in the next battle. Enjoy your time with your family.
11. Who is your favorite poet and why?
Shakespeare. Read this and you’ll agree 🙂 http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/all-the-world-s-a-stage/
Questions asked by Me
I think the above questions are quite interesting so I will ask my tagged friends to answer these. 🙂 Skip any you don’t like and add any you’d like to!
My Liebster Nominations
Those not blogging at the moment will be posting on Facebook.
Anyone else who wants to participate, consider yourself tagged 🙂